During the Covid-19 pandemic we have been seeking to ensure an environment at Newhouse which will be as safe as possible, in which worship services can take place. This will take into account Government rules and guidelines at any time.
We have set out the main elements below of what we consider to be safe practice for our meetings together and would request that you should comply with these provisions when you worship with us. Please remember that if you do not feel able to meet at this time, or comply with the procedures, you will be able to continue to participate in the services in another format.
Please DON’T COME if:
A) you are suffering from any of the following, PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THE CHURCH BUILDING, but isolate at home.
• A high temperature;
• A new continuous cough;
• A loss or change to your sense of smell or taste.
B) you have been asked to self-isolate by NHS Track and Trace
C) you have received a positive throat/nose swab test result in the past 14 days.
Please give careful consideration to whether or not to attend a Church service if the following applies to you:
People who are shielding; those who are over 70 and other vulnerable groups are reminded that they are more susceptible to serious outcomes, should they catch the virus. These groups are advised to minimise contact with others outside of their household at times of increased infection rates. They should consider whether or not it is right for them to meet together – at a time when the virus is in a phase of acceleration; or to worship with us through live stream or by DVD.
What safety procedures are being taken in Church at this time?
1) A face covering must be worn in places of worship.
2) Social distancing of 2 metres (1 metre where 2 metres is not possible) is practiced in the main Church and, we would advise, should be practiced throughout the premises.
3) Before you enter you will be asked a few questions to confirm that you do not have any of the Covid-19 symptoms described above. Your name and telephone contact details will also be confirmed, in order to have a complete list of attendees, should they be required for contact tracing purposes.
4) Please use the hand sanitiser before entering.
5) A one way system will be in operation for entering and exiting the building.
6) Please wait at the entrance until called forward by a steward to be shown to a seat. Please go directly to your allocated seat without stopping for conversation.
7) Please remain in your seat throughout the service.
8) Please remain seated and wear your mask for the hymns.
9) We would encourage you to bring your own Bible, which must be taken home with you after the service.
10) When the service is over please remain in your seat until your row is called out.
11) Hand sanitiser will be found at the point of exit.
12) No offering will be collected during the service, but you are invited to use the offering box/container at the exit door, or to make payments directly to the Church bank account.
13) Until the Church kitchen is fully in use once again no water or glasses will be available. If you may like water to drink, you will find bottles of water at the entrance.
14) Whenever possible we will seek to increase the ventilation inside the Church by leaving a window/windows open during the service. You may like to dress accordingly!